Topbox Review - February 2017 - Canadian Beauty Subscription Box

Canadian Box Addict pays for this subscription.
This review was written by Hayley. 

What is it? Topbox
How Much? $12 per month plus tax, shipping included (CDN$)
What’s in it?  4 deluxe beauty samples  

Topbox is a Canadian subscription service that sends four deluxe samples from top beauty brands each month. Topbox is the premiere monthly beauty subscription box in Canada and at only $12 per month, plus tax, it's an affordable option for those just getting into the world of beauty boxes. Topbox tends to include a lot of skincare products with some cosmetics. They tend to feature higher end drugstore and department store brands. You can expect to see Lise Watier, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, and Benefit, along with some new and niche brands.

You can see all our previous Topbox reviews here.

I received the regular Topbox this month. Each month you are asked to fill out a survey and you can opt to receive a Prive Topbox (a collection of items from one brand), or you can opt to get a regular one. I opted for a regular Topbox this month as none of the Prive boxes appealed to me. I received the shipping information for my February Topbox after it was delivered again! This is the fourth month in a row it has happened and I’ve accepted this as the norm.

I always opt to receive my products in an environmentally friendly organza bag. The alternative is a cardboard mailing tube.

The Digital Product Card arrived in my inbox the same day my package was delivered. I noticed a pretty big error on the card. The write up of the Luxie Beauty Eye Brush describes a lip gloss or lip brush.

LARITZY Cosmetics Pro Blender ($14 US)
Wet the Pro Blender and squeeze out excess water. Using light, tapping motions, apply your makeup for a flawless finish! 
I am already a fan of LARITZY’s Pro Blender. I am happy to receive another one. This is the only way I apply my foundation.

Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick (4 ml, $24 US)
Perfected on-set in our L.A. photo studio, our long-wear, water-resistant liquid lipstick features Advanced Polymer Technology that makes it stay put and look as fresh and flawless as your first swipe—for up to 8 hours.
I am in love with this product. I applied it before work one morning and it lasted all day! I ate lunch and drank coffee in between. I was so impressed. I also enjoy the matte finish as it dresses up a casual look without being too flashy. The colour I received is a nice compliment to my skin tone. I also received a sample “Sneak Peak” Golden-Hour Cover Shot Eye palette. Coincidentally, these colours will work well with my blue eyes.
Bella Aura Skincare Daily Repair Moisturizer (10 ml, $30US)
Our Multi-Functional Daily Moisture Repair provides better hydration properties than Glycerin or Hyaluronic Acid. It contains our Kamilah blend combined with breakthrough technology of the active Swiss botanical ingredients.
Last month I received their Gentle Purifying Cleanser and I am happy to receive another product by them. With this moisturizer, a little goes a long way and the scent is pleasant. The price seems a bit steep, and based on this fact I do not know if I would buy it. However, I am grateful to try it!

LUXIE BEAUTY LUXIE ROSE GOLD CONCEALER EYE BRUSH 211 ($15.71 US)
This brush is very pretty. I do not have a dedicated concealer brush so I am happy to add it to my collection.

My February Topbox included four products with a retail value of $84.71 US, which is a huge value for Topbox! All the products are full-sized, except for the Bella Aura Repair Moisturizer. Topbox also threw in a coupon for St. Tropica products. It is nice to receive but I found it a bit strange because I did not receive any St. Tropica products this month. It's a nice mix of products, with facial care, makeup tools and lip products. Again, I definitely got my $12 worth.

Click here to check out Topbox.



Disclaimer: Box information is correct as of posting date. Asprices and terms are subject to change, please be sure to read theFAQ of this company before signing up
Review written by Hayley.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts! If you would like a reply, please use a valid e-mail address.

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Topbox Review - April 2017 - Canadian Beauty Subscription Box

Topbox Review - March 2017 - Canadian Beauty Subscription Box