Frock Box Review - December 2015 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Box

  
What is it? Frock Box 
How Much? $29.95 to $94.95 per month. Additional shipping of $9.95 per month. Prices in Canadian dollars.  
What’s in it? See below

Frock Box is a new Canadian clothing subscription service. That sends handpicked clothing and accessories right to your door each month. Sizes range from Small to 3XL, so there is something for every woman. To start, take the style survey and tell Frock Box about yourself and your tastes. Frock Box does the rest.
  • Frock Box Gold: 2-3 items to create a complete outfit. $49.95 per month ($9.95 shipping)
  • Frock Box Platinum: 4-5 items & accessories to build a wardrobe. $94.95 per month ($9.95 shipping)
  • Frock Box Jewel: A handmade piece of jewellery or accessory by a Canadian designer. $24.95 per month ($3 shipping)
  • Frock Box Favourites: 5 individually priced clothing items. Try them at home; keep what you want and return the rest. You are billed only for the items you keep. You are charged a monthly styling fee of $24.95, which counts as a credit towards your purchase that month. Keep all 5 items and receive a 25% discount. Shipping is free, but you are responsible for return shipping. Read more about Frock Box Favourites on the FAQ page.
Frock Box also accepts returns. If something doesn't fit right or you aren't completely satisfied, just ship back the entire box within 14 days of delivery. They will offer a refund or a credit towards next month's box. Unfortunately, return shipping is at your expense. The return policy applies to Gold, Platinum, and Jewel only. Favourites has a different process. Frock Box recently updated this return process and made it better. It used to be only 5 days to return and item (now extended to 14) and they used to deduct a re-stocking fee (now eliminated).

I wanted to try it out, so I opted for the Frock Box Gold.

First look!

The first thing I noticed when Frock Box arrived is that it comes in a purple mailing bag. I guess Frock Bag doesn't sound as appealing!

Second look - Back side!
I was pretty nervous about signing up for this subscription. I am very particular about clothing and fit so I prefer to pick things out myself. Thankfully the style quiz is very in depth. Along with selecting pictures that most closely match your personal style and indicating how you like to spend your free time, you have the option to check off what items you would like to receive and leave out items you don't want. My profile was pretty tight. I said no skirts, shorts, dresses, jackets, shoes, hats, jewellery, swimwear, sunglasses, or purses. I said yes to tank tops, shirts, pants, and sweaters.

December is all about Comfy and Cozy.

Simi Accessories Corp Porcupine Fur Mittens
These are... interesting. They're a little young for my tastes. I ended up adding them to my work toy drive. I'm sure some teenage girl will love them.

Emerald Fashion Asymmetrical Cardigan/Wrap
I'm not usually a fan of reds, but I really like this burgundy/Merlot colour. The wrap is cool because there are little buttons on the ends so it wraps together to be a cowl neck tunic top. Unfortunately the tunic style doesn't fit well. It's too long and ends up looking very sloppy. As a cardigan it works, but it feels more like loungewear to me.

Always Snowflake Leggings
Leggings are so... not me. I'm a casual kind of gal but I'm not into leggings as pants. These leggings are super cute and soft, but they also feel more like loungewear than something that would incorporate into my everyday wardrobe.

My December Frock Box included three items. I paid $49.95 for this outfit, so it works out to $16.65 per item, which is reasonable. (I didn't have to pay shipping on this box, because I ordered last month before they implemented the shipping fee.) The burgundy tunic goes nicely with the black and white snowflake leggings. It's a cute outfit for winter. Unfortunately, it's not at all my style. The entire look feels... young. On the plus side, the mittens have been donated to a good cause, and the top and leggings make great loungewear/pajamas. I could have returned this Frock, but since shipping is at my expense, it didn't seem worth it.

On a personal level, after looking through the Frock Box shop to see what other looks they have, I decided to cancel my subscription. There are some cute things, but none of them are really my style. That doesn't mean it's not right for you though, so take a look at the website and see what you think.

Click here to check out Frock Box.



Disclaimer: Box information is correct as of posting date. As prices and terms are subject to change, please be sure to read the FAQ of this company before signing up.

Comments

  1. Its a cute outfit! I really like that cardigan wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leggings look cheap as they haven't matched the pattern on both legs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts! If you would like a reply, please use a valid e-mail address.

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box