Luxe Box Review - Fall 2015 - Canadian Beauty Subscription Box + PROMO

This post contains referral links.
What is it? Luxe Box
How Much? $26 per quarter, $50 semi-annually, $96 yearly. Shipping included. (CDN $)
What’s in it? 7-8 Trial-size products every season (4x per year)  

Luxe Box is a leading Canadian subscription service that sends beauty and lifestyle products every season. Boxes ship four times per year, and include complimentary shipping.
At Luxe Box, our mission is to help consumers better discover, try and purchase quality beauty and lifestyle products through a unique experience.
This is the second season since Topbox took over operations at Luxe Box. If you missed that update, check my post from last April announcing the merger. While they said things would continue business as usual, I have noticed few minor changes. On Instagram, there is less promotion about the box launches and product previews and more random photos, manicure selfies, and inspirational quotes. Just like last season, this box crept up out of no where. September 1st rolled around and suddenly there was a shipping notice in my e-mail inbox.

I didn't upgrade this season, so this is a review of the regular box.

The merger means Luxe Box has gained Topbox's reputation for fabulously efficient shipping. My shipping notice arrived Sept 1st and my box was delivered the afternoon of Sept 2nd. How do they do that?! Another change? No more online product dashboard. Now we get little printed product cards. It's a shame because I enjoyed the online dashboard and thought it was very innovative.

Upon opening the bag (which has also changed - different fabric!), I was pleased to see the larger sample sizes and something in there smelled very good!

Ciate Paint Pots in Couture Noir (full size, $15)
This is a "classic monochrome mixed with a splash of silver". It doesn't scream Autumn to me, but it's a full size bottle so that's a bonus!

Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum (10ml, $17.33)
This is an oil-free serum that works to leave skin feeling soft and supple. It's a higher end French brand and fits the Luxe Box mission.

Delectable Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream in Coconut & Cream (60ml Full Size, $7) 
Delectable (or Be Delectable) is made by Cake Beauty. It used to be a Target Canada exclusive, but has been re-branded and is now being sold at Shoppers Drug Mart. This is the product that caused the entire box to smell fantastic. I love tropical scents like this.

Pur~Lisse Pur~Delicate Gentle Soy Milk Cleanser (30ml, $6.55)
Pur-Lisse? Really? This brand made the subscription box rounds extensively last year. Almost every single beauty box featured a Pur-Lisse product at some point in 2014. I received Pur-Lisse products from Topbox, Ipsy (twice), Beauty Box 5, and FabFitFun, and it was in countless others. I won't knock it too much, because I have enjoyed my Pur~Lisse products and I will use this cleanser. I've already gone through two of them. I was just hoping to see something new.

TRESemme Wave Creation Mousse (45ml, $3)
This isn't on the product card so I guess it's a bonus. I use mousse to scrunch my hair when wet to enhance the natural curl, so this is useful. TRESemme is available from Well.ca.

So Susan Lip Dome in Rhubarb Rouge (Full size, $12)
I've already received this product in Melon and Black Current. This Rhubarb colour is lovely and bright. It's a cross between a stain and a hydrating balm.
Eyeko Hydrogel Eye Patch (1 pair, $4.50)
I received one of these patches from the special edition LOULOU Topbox last Spring. I'm a little suspicious that this product is no longer available from Sephora or on the Eyeko website (the old link is a 404 error now). Not only that, but the expiry date on this (stamped on the bottom edge) is 08/2015. I'm actually really shocked that Luxe Box would send an expired, possibly discontinued product.

I received this from Topbox exactly one year ago, in September 2014. It's a Canadian company and I actually liked it (it's similar to Benefit's Lemon-Aid)... but I subscribe to sampling services to try NEW things, not products that made the rounds a year ago.


My Fall 2015 Regular Edition Luxe Box included eight products with a retail value of about $70 CDN. This box costs $26 CDN (or less) per quarter, including shipping. The value is great, and the sample sizes are great this time as well. The products are hit and miss. The most disappointing thing is the expired eye patches and the product repetition. That was a concern I raised last season as well - too much product cross over between Topbox and Luxe Box. It doesn't look like things have improved too much.

One last note: For two years I've maintained two Luxe Box accounts, and normally upgrade one and keep the other as a regular box. Last season I received two regular boxes and each was slightly different (one and two). This season, my two regular boxes were completely identical, right down to the Lip Dome colour and hand cream scent. Keep that in mind if you hold two accounts. There isn't as much product variation as there used to be; another unfortunate change.

If you are interested in trying Luxe Box, the Winter Edition ships in December. New subscribers can save $2 per season by signing up through my referral link. This saves you $2 on a quarterly term, $4 on a semi-yearly term, or $8 on a yearly term. For a year-long subscription (4 boxes), it brings the per-box cost down to $22, including postage.

Click here to check out Luxe Box.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I'm sorry... the referral program doesn't seem to work anymore. This was from last September so it's a bit out of date.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts! If you would like a reply, please use a valid e-mail address.

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box