Top Shelf Razor Company Review - Canadian Grooming Subscription Service

How Much? $6-9 per month with free shipping (CDN$)
What’s in it? Four blade cartridges every 30 days. Free handle and extra blade with first order!

Top Shelf Razor is a Canadian service that sends razor blade cartridges to  your door each month. There are two subscription options available. The Diplomat is a 3-blade razor for only $6 per month. The Ambassador is a 5-blade razor that goes for $9 per month. Subscriptions are available monthly or bi-monthly and all plans include shipping!

The best part is that Top Shelf Razor has a satisfaction guarantee. If you’re not 100% satisfied with your TopShelf Razor, return the 4 unused blade cartridges for a full refund (you cover the postage). No questions asked. Top Shelf will refund your purchase price and you get to keep the handle and extra blade.

This is a review for The Ambassador subscription.

Your first shipment includes a free handle and extra blade cartridge. 

The metal-alloy handle is ergonomically designed and weighted and balanced. It has a nice feel to it and is easy to hold in the shower, thanks to the soft non-slip rubber grip. The push button system is easy to use, even when wet. The blade is compatible with both 3-blade and 5-blade razors. The replacement cost is $3.99 with free shipping, but I doubt you will ever need to replace this handle, unless you lose it somewhere.

The blades are made with hardened American stainless steel and include a pivoting head, lubricating strip, and a rubber guide bar. This is the same for the 3-blade and 5-blade cartridges. You can order additional blades if you need more for the month. Four 3-blade cartridges go for $8 including shipping and four 5-blade cartridges go for $11 including shipping... or just order two subscriptions since the monthly subscription price is cheaper!

My first package from Top Shelf Razor Company really impressed. The 5-blade cartridges give an amazing close shave and the precision metal handle is easy to use and grip. Based on Top Shelf prices, the first month's package is worth $17.74 CDN ($2.75 for each blade, plus $3.99 for the handle). I received all this for only $9, including postage (the monthly mailing of 4-cartridges only has a value of $11). There are other services that offer bare bones blades for a great price, but Top Shelf offers top quality blades with all the bells and whistles for a fraction of the price of name brand versions. There are monthly and bi-monthly options and a couple price points to choose from, so if you are looking for a razor blade service with more features and options, look no further than Top Shelf Razors.

Click here to check out the Top Shelf Razor Company.

Comments

  1. Are you still happy with your razor subscription? I just subscribed. I chose this company over Dollar Shave Club as they are Canadian. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah
      I have no complaints at all with the service, however I am no longer subscribed. I found was receiving more razors than I needed per month.

      Delete
  2. I chose this company over Dollar Shave Club as well because it's Canadian. Blades arrived regularly, but I also found it was more than I needed. I lost my razor handle and ordered a new one at the beginning of April, which never arrived. I continued to receive blades. I sent a reminder email over a month later and received no reply. I sent an email via the website a couple weeks later, requesting a refund for both the handle and the last blades I got, and got no reply. I cancelled my subscription via Paypal (but not able to do it on their website) and sent them a final email requesting a refund again, and received no reply. This all happened over the last few months. I was really disappointed in their lack of service. - Miranda (Lindsay, Ontario)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is disappointing to hear!

      Delete
    2. I've gotten the same problem. Had to cancel PayPal payments.

      Delete
  3. I love the blades and the idea, but I moved a few months ago and I have emailed these guys several times about the address change and I got no response what so ever. I had to go through PayPal for a refund, but then next payment ocmes out and the blades get sent somewhere but not to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always crappy when a company flakes on customer service. PayPal has pretty good dispute terms though.

      Delete
  4. I tried to get in touch with them through their customer response forum three times but no response. I tried for 2 weeks to contact them and still no response so I canceled. Screw them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Lots of issues recently. I'm going to remove them from my Box List page for now.

      Delete
  5. I have sent them no less than 6 messages trying to cancel. I wasn't able to do it through the website. I never once heard anything back from them. I was finally able to cancel payments through Paypal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are very poor quality. I had this subscription for a while, but I found that every time I used it, I would have little tiny cuts all over my skin. That has never happened with any other razor, just this brand. When I tried to talk to them about it, they ignored me for weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts! If you would like a reply, please use a valid e-mail address.

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box