Luxe Box Review - Regular Edition Summer 2015 - Canadian Beauty Subscription Box + DISCOUNT!

This post contains referral links.
What is it? Luxe Box - Save $2 per box using my link!
How Much? $26 per quarter, $50 semi-annually, $96 yearly. Shipping included. (CDN $)
What’s in it? 7-8 Trial-size products every season (4x per year)  

Luxe Box is a leading Canadian subscription service that sends beauty and lifestyle products every season. Boxes ship four times per year, and include complimentary shipping.
At Luxe Box, our mission is to help consumers better discover, try and purchase quality beauty and lifestyle products through a unique experience.

In April I shared news that Luxe Box had merged with Topbox. The e-mail I received said Luxe Box would continue to run as a separate entity, "business as usual". The Summer box kind of crept up out of nowhere. There didn't seem to be much hype or promotion this season. All of a sudden, the box was just here.

This time I received a little product card. This is new. Normally our products are found in our online accounts under the Personal Product Dashboard. Mine is still showing my Spring box products.

I have two Luxe Box subscriptions, and received two regular boxes this season. This is the review for my first box.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Original (50ml, $5.99)
Dry shampoo is the product of the moment right now. I seem to get one every few months. Surprisingly, I've never received or tried Batiste before, which is strange since it's a cult favourite.

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant (30ml, $14)
I received this last season in one of my Spring boxes. I can't say for certain it's a duplicate though. Since I have two accounts and they haven't update the Personal Product Dashboard, I don't know which account received it this time around.

Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Sunscreen Lotion (59ml, $4.99)
Look familiar? This was included as a free bonus item in the April Topbox. Now here it is, as one of the core products in the Summer Luxe Box (which is now owned by Topbox). Sunscreen is a must for me, so I'm not complaining.

blinc eyeliner (0.7g, $3.50)
I tried blinc mascara in April 2014 from The Gift Box and I didn't mind it at all. It was a little weird at first (little tubes covering my lashes), and it was very strange coming off (little tubes!) but it worked, and it didn't smudge. I'm curious about this eyeliner. Just brush it on, and slide it off!

LA Splash Diamond Lipgloss in Red Carpet (6ml, $8.98) 
This is another product from the April Topbox. I'm feeling a trend here.

Fruits & Passion Aloe Face Mask (1 mask, $2.50)
Sheet masks are another product-of-the-moment. I haven't seen a Fruits & Passion product in ages. They used to be huge in Canada, like The Body Shop, with stores all over the place. Now it seems to be mostly online. There are several dozen stores still in Quebec, but only a handful across the rest of Canada, and even a few in South Asia! I'm curious to see how their products are after all these years.

bareMinerals Lash Domination Mascara (1.5ml sample, $2.70)
Mascara samples are always great, but holy heck is this one ever tiny. It might last a week or so. 

My first Summer Edition 2015 Luxe Box included seven products with a retail value just under $43 CDN. This box costs $26 per season, including shipping. I'm mixed on this box. Very few items in this box are reminiscent of the old Luxe Box. A few items are from recent Topbox mailings and a couple more are miniscule samples. Nothing about these products feels "luxe". It feels like two months worth of Topbox thrown into one box. There are a few new products in here though and I'm very interested in trying them out, namely the mascara, eyeliner, and face mask. As for this subscription, I have two year long terms (each with 2 seasons remaining).  I'm curious to see how the Luxe Box/Topbox merger pans out over the rest of the year.

If you are interested in trying Luxe Box, the next box, Fall 2015, ships September 1st. New subscribers can save $2 per box (up to $8 per year) using my link!

Click here to check out Luxe Box.

Comments

  1. Some nice products are included in here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya - I don't know how long these 2 boxes will stand alone without someone picking either Topbox or LuxeBox. I saw the first spoilers for June Topboxes and it looks like the same sheet mask is included this month - I won't complain about getting mask but I don't see people staying if both boxes carry the same products!
    Renee C.
    seetheworldinpink.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I saw one June Topbox that has the mask and the Paula's Choice product. Luxe Box has become a deluxe version of Topbox. It better change next season or I will be out once my term is up.

      Delete
  4. My topbix this month contained two items from my last luxebox - so I find topbox items in luxebox interesting. This summer box should be my last and I am kinda glad. I always had huge mix-ups like boxes not being shipping or upgrading by receiving the regular box. Topbox might be able to fix those problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *being shipped.
      *topbox.

      Please excuse my phone's autocorrect, it likes me to look illiterate.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts! If you would like a reply, please use a valid e-mail address.

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box