Topbox Review - March 2015 - Canadian Beauty Subscription Box

What is it? Topbox
How Much? $12 per month plus tax, shipping included (CDN$)
What’s in it?  4 deluxe beauty samples  

Topbox is a Canadian subscription service that sends four deluxe samples from top beauty brands each month. Topbox is the premiere monthly beauty subscription box in Canada and at only $12 per month, plus tax, it's an affordable option for those just getting into the world of beauty boxes. Topbox tends to include a lot of skincare products with some cosmetics. They tend to feature higher end drugstore and department store brands. You can expect to see Lise Watier, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, and Benefit, along with some new and niche brands. You can see all my previous Topbox reviews here.

I received another London Drugs curated Topbox this month. I last received a London Drugs box in October 2014. London Drugs is a Western Canadian chain of drugstores, similar to Shoppers Drug Mart. It's not really clear why London Drugs has been working with Topbox. I guess they are trying to promote their beauty department... they don't give us any information, other than the saying the products are available at London Drugs. If the goal is to get me to shop for beauty products at London Drugs, consider it a failure.






 First look

NYX Baked Shadow in Smoke & Mirrors (3g full size, $8.99 retail, $6.49 sale - CDN$)
Just when you thought eye shadow couldn’t be any bolder, NYX does it again! This lightweight eye colour really packs in the pigments. Our uniquely designed baked formula blends seamlessly and is ultra versatile. Apply dry for an even wash of colour or wet for a more dramatic look.
I don't wear dark shadows like this, so this one is a miss for me.


Marcelle Eye Make-Up Remover Cloths (15 cloths, $5.50 CDN$)
A single pre-moistened cloth is enough to quickly remove long-wearing make-up and waterproof mascara. Its formula is alcohol and oil free to pamper the delicate, fragile skin around your eyes without causing irritation or leaving a greasy sensation.
I love any sort of facial/makeup remover wipe so this is a great product for me. 

Reversa Cleansing Micellar Solution (30ml, $2.30 CDN$)
Reversa now offers an extremely mild Cleansing Micellar Solution that ensures fast, easy and effective face and eye make-up removal, without rubbing. Specially formulated to be suitable even for sensitive face and eyes, the solution contains Lotus root vegetal water and Allantoin, two soothing ingredients that help prevent irritation.
Cleansing waters confuse me. Two makeup remover products in one box also confuses me. 

NYX Slide On Pencil in Golden Bronze (full size, $11.99 CDN)
Don't let the softness of this eye liner pencil fool you. Silky soft yet delivers a powerful robust colour to line eyes. The formula is waterproof, doesn't smear or smudge and provides extreme colour. It's like a liquid eye liner in a pencil without the mess.
Another product that is not my colour.

My March Topbox, sponsored by London Drugs, contained four products with a retail value of $28.78 CDN. I paid $13.44 for this box ($12 plus tax). I don't like this box at all. It includes two NYX products and two makeup remover products. I prefer to receive more variety of brands and products so the repetition is really disappointing. One good thing I learned from this box, is that London Drugs sells NYX products. I didn't realize that before today and it's good to know for those who like the NYX brand. I've been on the fence lately about whether or not to keep my Topbox subscription. This box helped me decide. I cancelled my subscription today. I'd like to try some new boxes and get some fresh, new products. Topbox is still a great option for those looking for an affordable Canadian beauty box, but after two years, it's time for me to move on.

Click here to check out Topbox.
Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me if you have any questions or comments.

Comments

  1. I received the Philosophy box....even though I received the same products before, but I like them all and they worth the price.
    I actually really like your box! Would you like to sell me your box?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm keeping the eye make up remover products as they will be useful eventually. I gave the eye shadow to a co-worker.

      Delete
  2. The eyeliner looks good but I can see why this wasn't all that great for you with it having two products from the same brand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love your box too 🙊🙊 Will you ne subscribing to the luxor box??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not subscribe to Luxor Box. The price point is too high for my liking, especially since it is based in the US.

      Delete
  4. Aw sorry the box wasn't to your liking. I also got that NYX shadow and although I can wear dark shadows, this shade is not very flattering. I miss London Drugs (I moved out east but remember good ol' days of browsing at London Drugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box