Glossybox Review - November 2014 - Beauty Subscription Box

This post contains referral links.
What is it? Glossybox
How much? $21/month plus $5 shipping. Save on 3, 6, & 12 month subscriptions. Prices in US dollars.
What's in it? 5
surprise luxury beauty products packaged in a glossy pink gift box

GLOSSYBOX is a premiere beauty sampling program, operating in more than a dozen countries worldwide. They consider themselves the "leading purveyor of luxury beauty samples on a global stage".  
We are committed to introducing the most exciting brands throughout the world to you. Whether it be a product featured on the runways of Milan or the newest skincare regimen from Japan, we strive to make sure you are the first to have access to it.

This is the first GLOSSYBOX USA for Canadian customers. It's the November box, but mine didn't ship until December 2nd. It arrived December 9th.

Finally the pretty pink box! I've wanted one of these for so long. It's smaller than I expected, but still very lovely.

The box was packaged with care.  Tissue, crinkle paper, a ribbon. The whole nine yards. It felt like opening a gift.

The product card is a full colour fold out and includes photos, product details, tips for use, and full size volume and price.

First look!

I was supposes to receive a bonus bracelet from the ALEXANI promo, but it wasn't in my box. I e-mailed to find out what happened and am awaiting reply.

Update: I received a reply about 36 hours later. The CSR told me that the original bracelet from the promo was no longer in stock, but they could send me this one instead. Hopefully it comes in the next box, or sooner!

OPI Nail Lacquer in Pink Outside The Glossybox ($9.50)
This is an exclusive shade made just for Glossybox! It's a nice neutral. Not as pink as it seems.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Age Defy Moisturizer (0.5oz, $11.25)
Replenish and firm your skin with this clinically proven power packed age defy moisturizer that combines a brightening and refining complex of certified organic juices, with an antioxidant cocktail of alpha lipoic acid, Co Q10, Vitamin C, peptides and DMAE for optimum age defying results.
This is great because the winter FabFitFun box is going to include the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel so the two can be used together.

12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment (1.5oz,  $7.25)
12 Benefits™ composition of natural hair lipids and UV absorbers in an ultra pure base of steam-distilled water reverses the stress of chemicals, thermal styling and environmental exposure. When applied after a hair-color service, 12 Benefits™ seals and protects for longer lasting color results.


Kneipp Herbal Bath: Balancing in Lavender (20ml travel size, $5.50)
Known for its balancing effects, this aroma intensive bath treatment helps to combat mental and physical fatigue. Through the relaxing effect of the Lavender herb, it is most helpful when you feel nervous or itching which could be a symptom of our over-stressed and overly-busy lives. The balancing effect of Lavender can also be very energizing.

Kryolan for Glossybox Blusher in Glossy Rosewood (full size 2.5g, $16.17 - actual $6.80)
This is another exclusive for Glossybox. It's actually a good shade for me. Not too pink and not too orange.  I question their valuation of this. A 2.5g blusher refill from Kryolan is only $6.80. I don't see how a cheap plastic compact makes it work an additional $10, so I'm going with retail price.

The November GLOSSYBOX for Canadians included five items valued around $40.30. This box costs $21 USD, plus $5 shipping to Canada. With exchange, it comes pretty close to $30 Canadian. The value isn't great, but I like the products I received. The samples are all deluxe or travel size and there are two products exclusive to this box. The variety is good too, with something for body, hair, face, and nails. From what I've read, this is a typical offering from Glossybox. I'm interested in seeing what else they bring us in the coming months. I just hope they get the shipping sorted out. I would like to receive my December box before January!

Click here to check out GLOSSYBOX.


Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

  1. Nice mix of products in here. I didn't order a box but I kind of want to now just to finally get my hands on their pink box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw on their website what was going to be in my box. With the exchange rate I was not impressed. I cancelled it. A few days later, charged for Dec box. Which sucks bc I don't think this box is worth $31 cad. I got the exact same box as you. Lame. The only thing I liked was the bath stuff, only bc I bought it when I was in Germany this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of wish they have done something a little more special for their first Canadian box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! I would never pay $30 for that!

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box