Nina Garcia for Quarterly Co. Review - Spring 2014 - Lifestyle Subscription Box


How Much? $100 per quarter plus $30 shipping (recently raised from $20)
What’s in it? Curated gifts from influential contributors and cultural icons. Currently there are 52 contributors, curating boxes of everything from technology, to food, to fashion, and everything in between.

This is an exciting box. The first box curated by Nina Garcia was very well reviewed so I immediately signed up and waited patiently for three months until #NGQ02 shipped. Nina Garcia is listed as a style expert, and is the current Creative Director of Marie Claire magazine. I figured anything chosen be right up my alley so I had no issue spending $120 to get this box.

"Being in the forefront of fashion, I am constantly exposed to new and wonderful brands, products, and places. I’m excited to share these magnificent finds with you."

Each Quarterly Co. shipment includes a letter from the curator explaining why each item was chosen (letter pictured at the top). When I opened this box it felt like Christmas. Every item was individually wrapped in Nina Garcia branded tissue. This box must be a big deal for Nina to get her own tissue! This is going to be a very photo heavy post because there was SO MUCH STUFF in this box. Everything is presented below in the same order I removed it from the box.

"Marking my fifth year anniversary as Creative Director at Marie Claire, I have curated a celebration box that includes a mixture of accessories, beauty products, and home items." 
Jasmin Rouge by Tom Ford - Eau de Parfum sample 
This is a new release by Tom Ford. Surprisingly, I don't hate it.

ReVive Moisturizing Renewal Serum Nightly Repair Booster (0.20 fl oz, $47)
This is a sample size of Nina's favourite anti-aging serum. A full size is 1 ounce and retails for $235. I'm thrilled to get to try it out because it's not something I would ever buy on my own.

Charming Charlie Slip Up Flap Wallet in Ivory/Floral ($15)
As with all the products in #NGQ02, this wallet is featured in the March issue of Marie Claire. It's super cute, functional, and perfect for spring. It would work as a little clutch as well.

LAFCO House & Home Bath Soap in Fleurs de Baies ($17)
Nina says this is one of her favourite luxury soap brands. The scent isn't my favourite so I may re-purpose it as a guest soap. There were several different scents sent out to subscribers.

Donkey Co. Special Edition Nina Garcia Pret-a-PorTEA (3 tea bags)

MUY COOL T Shirt by Spenglish ($55)
Nina helped design this shirt exclusively for Quarterly subscribers. Her signature is even on the tag! Quarterly does not collect subscriber sizing info so everyone received a size large. It's a ladies fit, v-neck, with a bit of a flare at the hem. Nina says it's meant to be oversized. It works perfectly for me, but some more petite folks may not be as pleased.

Marie Claire - March 2014 ($4.99)
This is a HUGE double issue and will be great for leisure-time reading.

Happy Chic by Jonathan Adler Photoframe ($12.60)
Nina is the resident style voice for JC Penny so she included this funky frame from the Happy Chic collection featured at JC Penny.

O.P.I. Nail Lacquer in Greenade by #NG ($7)
This is another item that was made exclusively for Quarterly subscribers. I'm not sure how I feel about the colour. Feels more Halloween than spring but I may give it a shot.

I almost bought a bracelet identical to this one just last week. I'm glad I held off. This one is great.

Nina says the brightly coloured cord on this necklace wiill seamlessly transition from spring into summer, and the silver shark tooth gives a trendy edge. I'm having a hard time grasping the fact that this piece is worth $100. Sterling silver tooth aside, the rest of it looks and feels like it was "made at summer camp".

Graphic Image Pocket Notes ($36)
I'm a list maker so a notebook is always a win for me. I love that I got a pink one!

X-Pen Lord Series Ballpoint Pen ($12)
This is another special edition product made for Quarterly subscribers. It has Nina's signature on it! This is probably the fanciest pen I own.

philosophy - time in a bottle daily age-defying serum (full size, $74)
Nina uses this serum every morning to keep her skin healthy and smooth. It's a bottle of serum and a tiny vial of "high-potency vitamin c activator". The activator is poured into the serum, resulting in a miracle product. I already use a vitamin c serum daily (Ole Henriksen Truth Serum) so I'm very interested in this one.

Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Compact ($48)
These are great neutral colours that will suit most all subscribers. I will probably save it and gift it to my sister. If you are interested in buying, 100% of the proceeds from this compact go to the Laura Mercier Ovarian Cancer Fund.


Wow! This was quite a box. I had so much fun unboxing all the goodies in this one. This is easily THE BEST subscription box I have every received. Granted, it did cost me $100 plus $20 shipping,but it was worth every penny. I received 15 products valued over $460! There is a great mix of products for beauty, style, home, and home. I love that Nina was so involved in every element in this box. It's either something she helped create or something she actually uses and loves.

What do you think of Nina Garcia's second box for Quarterly Co.?

Click here to check out Nina Garcia for Quarterly Co.

*Note on shipping: In addition to $20 shipping charged by Quarterly, I was charged a COD fee of $9.91 for this box, via the Canadian shipping partner XPO International. At first I thought it was because I only paid $20 shipping and Quarterly recently increased the shipping cost to $30, but when I contacted Quarterly, they said this charge should not have happened. I was issued a refund on the charge. 



Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me if you have any questions or comments.

Comments

  1. I just wanted to thank you Jill for linking to me! I realized I hadn't linked to you back but I fixed that now :)

    I honestly did not know this box shipped to Canada! WOW. I am definitely tempted. I cannot believe the value and quality of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing box! Although I don't have the current funds to afford it, I hope to get one sometime in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool box, but I don't know why I'm not more "wowed"by it. I think this price it's just too much for me. I agree, that $100 necklace is like you said, it looks like something made at summer camp.

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box