Food & Home by Quarterly Review - Spring 2014 - Lifestyle Subscription Box



** This box is no longer available from Quarterly Co. Click here for other food curators from Quarterly.**
How Much? $50 per quarter, plus $20 shipping (recently raised from $10)
What’s in it? Curated gifts from influential contributors and cultural icons. Currently there are 52 contributors, curating boxes of everything from technology, to food, to fashion, and everything in between.

This is my second Quarterly Co. box of the season. Besides fashion and beauty, some of my other top interests include food, cooking, and home decor. I already tried Hello Fresh for Quarterly Co. so the Food & Home box was the next obvious choice. The Food and Home box is curated by the Quarterly team. This is the fourth installment of the Food & Home box, dubbed #QFH04.

"The Quarterly team is constantly getting kitchen and domestic inspiration from contributors like Food52 and Veronica Belmont. Now it’s our turn."

As soon as I opened the box I was excited. Out of the four Food & Home boxes released to date, this one is the most suited to my tastes.  The box is built around the theme "indulgence". The Quarterly team says it's time to take a break for your New Year's resolutions and treat yourself. Sounds like a plan, Quarterly!

 I see good things!

Handmade & Damn Handsome - San Sebastian Coffee (12oz, $18)
I don't drink coffee but I sure do love the smell of fresh roasted coffee beans. This batch was roasted on March 10th! How's that for fresh?!

Le Bon Garcon - Sea Salt Caramels (4oz box, $15)
Delicious. I wish I had more!
 
Pernicious Pickling Co. - Pickled Green Beans (16oz, $10)
Pickled green beans are my absolute favourite pickled product. I usually can them myself but my stockpile is running low, so these are very welcome.

Salt Traders - The Everyday Gourmet Sea Salt Collection  ($14)
This is really cool and will be great for summer BBQ season. I love sprinkling course sea salt on a freshly grilled steak.


I love the #QFH04 box. The salt, beans, and caramels are winners. The coffee is earmarked as a birthday gift for a coffee-addicted friend. The box cost $50 (plus $10 shipping) and included four products with a retail value of $57. This box was a risk but it really paid off. I was disappointed to see Quarterly raised the Canadian shipping cost on the $50 boxes up to $20. At $60 per quarter this box was just barely palatable but now I definitely won't be subscribing again.

What do you think of  Quarterly's Food & Home box (#QFH04)?
Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me if you have any questions or comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box