Topbox Review - January 2014 - Beauty Subscription Box








What is it? Topbox
How Much? $12 per month, shipping included
What’s in it?  4 deluxe beauty samples

January marks the first month of the new Topbox shipping schedule. From now on, they will be shipping on the 15th of the month instead of the 10th. As always, the Topbox Crew was very good about informing subscribers of the change. First they announced it in December, then they sent a reminder e-mail the first week of January. My box shipped January 15th and arrived January 17th.
 

I received a regular box this month. I don't even remember what the wish list options were for January.  Usually I find the wish list boxes don't appeal to me very much, aside from the great Givenchy box in December.


I don't know about you, but I like to look at the products before reading the product card. It's more of a fun surprise this way!

 
Cargo Cosmetics - Better Than Waterproof Mascara (4.5ml, $10.80)
I look forward to trying this out. I hate removing waterproof mascara. I always feel like I lose half my eyelashes trying to get it off!

Aveda - Stress-Fix Body Lotion (25ml, $4.06)
This is a brand new product that has essential oils "proven to relieve feelings of stress".

Belvada Cosmetics - Coloured Tweezers ($5)
This is a bummer. I received these tweezers in my August Topbox. I'm not sure of Topbox's policy for duplicates, especially since this one was 6 months ago. I e-mailed any way to see if they can send a replacement product. Worth a shot!

Zax Healthcare Inc. - Dark-Circle Eye Cream (3 sachets - 6g,  $6.43)
This is an interesting product. It contains all natural ingredients and is supposed to reduce puffiness, dark-circles, as well as fight fine lines and wrinkles. Those are big claims!


The January Topbox contained 4 products, valued at  just over $26. This is definitely not my favourite Topbox. The only product I am really excited to try is the mascara. I hope they can do something about the duplicate tweezers, otherwise this box will be even more of a let down. After 9 months of Topbox, I'm starting to wonder if my Topbox experience has reached its peak. Hopefully it's not all downhill from here. I will give it one full year and re-assess my subscription then.

What did you  get in your January Topbox?


Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me if you have any questions or comments.



Comments

  1. I received the SkinCeuticals box that I requested, as well as a nice tub of Cake body butter as my add on. I am quite happy with this month. However, I know that it will not always be as good other months ... right now I am contemplating keeping TopBox and letting go of my Luxe subscription which has been impressing me less and less lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luxe was actually my first subscription as well - I actually cancelled it and switched to TopBox instead. Their samples were not to my interest.. I find that these subscriptions advertise all the 'popular' brands on their websites but end up rarely sending them.

      christycee.blogspot.ca

      Delete
  2. It was nice to see what you got in the regular Topbox since I ordered the special/Prive box which was Benefit this month.

    I like taking them out one by one without looking at the card too - it's a better surprise that way!

    How are the tweezers? I haven't gotten a pair yet actually - I tried their eyelash curler and it's my favourite one right now actually,

    christycee.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used them. I have a good pair of Tweezerman ones. Topbox has offered to send me a new item to replace the duplicate product though so that's good!

      Delete
  3. Mine had different stuff:

    http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2014/01/topbox-january.html

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box