Ipsy Glam Bag Review - January 2014 - Beauty Subscription Bag


What is it? Ipsy Glam Bag
How Much? $10 per month, plus $4.95 shipping to Canada
What’s in it?  4-5 beauty products every month 
My Ipsy bag arrived in a large kraft-paper style bubble mailer this month. I was very curious to see what I received that would require such a large package!


I almost forgot I had ordered one of the Ipsy Bonus items using my Ipsy points. This KISS Salon Secrets Nail Art Starter Kit is worth $20 and I received it for free with 1000 Ipsy points! Ipsters can receive Ipsy Points by referring friends and by complete product review surveys each month.


I'm going to save this kit for my teenage cousin. I'm sure she will love it! 


The theme of the January Ipsy bag is "19 Reasons", I guess because there were 19 different products featured in the January bags. There's also a contest. If I fill out the reason why my 2014 will be amazing and share on Instagram, I could win a year subscription to Ipsy! I just might participate in this one. I just need to come up with a really good reason.

 First look

Absolute! - Make-Up Cleansing Tissues (10 tissues, $2.49)

Sexy Hair - Soy Tri-Wheat Leave in Conditioner (50ml,  $3.59)


Mica Beauty Cosmetics - Tinted Lip Balm in Fiesta (2.5g, $18.75)

Elizabeth Mott - Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in Penny (0.7g,  $7.50)


My January Ipsy Glam Bag includes 5 items, valued just under $35. While there are no true full-size products in this month's bag, I do like the mix of products. There is makeup, skincare, and hair care. I'm excited to try the Sexy Hair product. I received the Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray in a previous Ipsy bag and I liked it so much, I bought a full size, along with the Soy Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner. I will also use the Facial Tissues, and the Mica Beauty Lip Balm looks great. I'm not so sure about the copper coloured eye pencil and the serum, but I will give them a try.

What did you get in your January Ipsy Glam Bag?

And in the spirit of the theme this month, why will 2014 be AMAZING for you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box