Julep Maven Review - November 2013 - Beauty Subscription Box

What is it? Julep Maven
How Much? $19.99 per month, shipping included
What’s in it? At least $40 worth of products chosen depending on your style profile, or upgrade your box for an additional fee and get the entire collection.
November's Julep Maven theme is "Right at Home" and featured a full line of lip glosses and nail polishes. My default box is Modern Beauty, but this month, it didn't wow me. Modern Beauty featured a Blank Canvas Pumping Lip Primer and a sheer nude gloss. I'm keen on dark, rich colours this autumn, so for the first time ever as a Julep Maven, I switched my box.

It was a tough choice. There wasn't one box that I loved completely. Each box had either a nail colour or a lip colour that I coveted, but also one that I wasn't too excited about. Thankfully Julep now includes pretty well every product from the monthly collection as an add-on option, so I opted for the Bombshell box and added on two of my most favourite colours.


My Bombshell box included a sample pouch of Julep's new Luxe Repair Skin Serum. Hey there Julep? This is how you should have introduced the horrid DD Creme and DD Concealer from June! Also in the box was a little pamphlet featuring new products and collections released just in time for the holidays. The Halo Lip Gloss Set looks fun, as does the colourful Polish Caddy. I'm really curious about the new Eye Glider Minis.


Now for my box...

November Bombshell Maven Box

Brielle: Deep autumn orange creme ($14)
This is the colour that I didn't want. I'm not a fan of orange. I may try it out though, just for something different.

Nic: Black crimson creme ($14)
This is why I chose the Bombshell box. I love dark colours right now... but now that I have it, it looks incredibly like Coco, an "oxblood creme", which I also have. In the bottle Nic looks much darker, while Coco has a more reddish tint to it. I Coco so I'm sure I will love Nic, 

Julep Lip Gloss in Posh: Sheer black honey gloss ($22)
This is the other product I loved from the Bombshell box. I can't wait to try it out. I think it will be great this holiday season to add some dramatic flare to my fancy attire.

For the add-ons, I chose one more polish and one more gloss.

November Maven Add-Ons

Aisha (Boho Glam): Wildberry purple creme ($14)
I think this will be a great colour to go from winter to spring. It's darker, but also bright and fun.

Julep Lip Gloss in Charming: Sheer mauve gloss ($22)
This is a lovely gloss that is great for day time and work.


My November Maven box included three products with a retail value of $50. I paid $19.99 for the box, so it's a great value. My add-ons were offered at 30% off so the gloss was $14 and the polish ended up being free with 750 Julep Jules rewards points. In total, I paid $34 in November and received $86 worth of product.

Julep has come a long way since the June DD "scandal". I have really enjoyed the new products and makeup they have released. I'm looking forward to next month. I'm hoping we'll see this in the December box!

What do you think of the November Julep Maven box?


Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

  1. I LOVED my November box and add ons (I got Boho Glam and Cynthia). I also received my secret store purchase -- New Neutrals minis set. I was going to gift this but when I got it, my young daughter and I proceeded to try them all and fall in love! Keeping! Thankfully, I have more gift sets on the way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box