Ipsy Glam Bag Review - November 2013 - Beauty Subscription Box

What is it? Ipsy Glam Bag
How Much? $10 per month, plus $4.95 shipping to Canada
What’s in it?  4-5 beauty products every month  

The November Ipsy Glam Bag is themed "Glam it Up" and features some "go-to products to help you get glam".  Ipsy also promised that every bag would include a product from Ipsy founder Michelle Phan's new cosmetics line, em.

 Nailtini - Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer in Champagne (15ml full size, $13)
This arrived damaged. I could smell it immediately when I opened my mail box. The bottle leaked in transit and I found a conglomerated mess around the top of the bottle. I e-mailed IpsyCare but have yet to hear back.

**Update - Ipsy sent me a new bottle of Naitini right away. I've been wearing the colour a lot lately. It's more of a neutral than metallic, which was unexpected. 

 Starlooks - Gem Eye Pencil in Amethyst (full size, $14)

BH Cosmetics - Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow in Sun (0.89oz sample, $1)
I didn't open the packaging on this so I didn't get a picture of the colour. It's probably the most neutral colour I could have received out of the options available, so that's good. No blue!

Pixi - Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched (3.2g, $5)
I'm fair skinned so I don't use bronzer but this one is light enough that I just might give it a try.

em michelle phan - Lash Gallery Clean Volume Mascara in black (full size, $20)

 Be a Bombshell - Lip Crayon in Shameless ($14)
 I love this! I can't wait to use it. I'm loving dark, dramatic lip colours right now!


My November Ipsy Glam Bag contained 6 products valued at $67! This is definitely one of the higher value bags Ipsy has sent out. Plus, 4 of the 6 products are FULL SIZE! Ipsy is great about providing full size products. Despite the value, this isn't my favourite bag. I think I will only get use out of the Lip Crayon and mascara. The rest I will give away or gift.

What do you think of the November Ipsy bag?

Interested in trying Ipsy? Please consider using my referral link to sign up. There is currently a wait list, so make sure you register with Ipsy to be notified when space opens up!



Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

  1. I love the lip crayons! I hope the mascara is good. Have you tried it yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've been using the mascara for a couple of days. I do like it so far. It's great for day time mascara. I've also used the crayon a few times. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

      Delete
  2. I got the same bag as you, except my eyeshadow was the bright blue Neptune :-/ I gave it away to a teen who loves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may do the same with mine. Sun is orangey-red. "Out of this world" is not the look I'm aiming for.

      Delete
  3. I loved my bag. My eyeshadow was Eclipse, which is a grey-purple, and is gorgeous. My only complaint is the Shameless turns a bright pink on my lips. Not anyone's fault, but I was hoping it would keep the dark colour when applied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually found that too with the lip crayon. It looks so dark and lovely but on my lips it is bright pink. I've been mixing it with my red Julep lipstick.

      Delete

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box