Beauty Box 5 Review - November 2013 - Beauty Subscription Box


What is it? Beauty Box 5 
How Much? $12/month, $30/quarter, $99/year 
What's in it? 4-5 samples from your favourite beauty brands

The November Beauty Box 5 shipped on November 8th and arrived on November 18th! That's pretty impressive considering only a few months ago the box didn't even ship until the 18th. The theme this month is "Prep.Primp.Sparkle." and includes products so "you're ready for whatever the night may bring". Since BB5 introduced themed boxes, this is the first box that may actually fit the intended theme.

Product card 

First look

Aveeno - Positively Nourishing Calming Body Wash (2oz, $0.87)
Body wash. Good for prep. I'm not a huge fan of lavender but I don't hate the smell of this wash.

Montagne Jeunesse - Glacial Clay Spa Sheet Mask (1 mask, $2.49) 
I enjoy sheet masks so this will be put to use.

Blum Naturals - Oil Absorbing Facial Tissues (50 sheets, $2.99)
I received almost the exact same product in my April BB5, except that one was Jean Pierre Cosmetics... and wouldn't you know it, Blum Naturals is distributed by Jean Pierre Cosmetics.

Be a Bombshell - Eye Crayon in Scandalous (Full size, $14)
This is just like the lip crayon I received in my November Ipsy bag, but instead it's an eye shadow crayon. The colour is described as being a "unique blend of metallic black and gold".

BellaPierre Cosmetics - Shimmer Powder in Exite (Full size, $14.99)
This is described as a "sparkly white" mica powder. I will likely gift it to a more adventurous friend.


All totaled my November Beauty Box 5 included 5 products valued just over $35. It's definitely not my favourite box. All five brands are repeat brands and one product is a duplicate from a previous month. Regardless of the "dupe factor", I will likely use at least 3 out of 5 of the items, so that isn't so bad.

What do you think of the November Beauty Box 5?

Interested in signing up? Please use my referral link!

Beauty Box 5 is currently running a promo where each new subscription gets a gift card to Soap.com. A monthly recurring subscription gets you a $5 gift card, a three month recurring gets you a $10 gift card, and an annual subscription gets you a $15 gift card.


Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

  1. Guessing my box should be here today or tomorrow. Not bad, just hope I don't get that eye crayon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm torn over it. It's not something I would get much use out of but it might be fun to play with and experiment.

      Delete

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box