Seasons Box Review - September 2013 - Eco-Lifestyle Subscription Box


*This box is closed*
What is it? SeasonsBox
How Much? $44.90 per month recurring, or $49.95 one time purchase. Shipping included.
What's in it? 3-5 luxurious full size seasonal must-have products for your home, body and spirit

The September Seasons Box shipped quite late so it arrived October 2nd. September found Seasons Box under new management... again. It also marks the end of my 6 month subscription. After all the hassle and changes over the last few months, I decided not to re-new. September's box only solidified that decision.

First look

Product card

We only received three products this month.


Deep Steep Body Butter in Brown Sugar Vanilla (6oz, $10.95)

This the second time Seasons Box has included a Deep Steep product; the last one was a body wash in May's box. I like Deep Steep products, but I don't like repetition in boxes. Also, Deep Steep products have been available at Winners & Home Sense lately (similar to Marshall's or TJ Maxx in the US) for $5.99, so I'm not thrilled to see them in a pricey subscription box.


Raaka Virgin Chocolate "Nibbler" in Vanilla Rooibos (1.2oz, $4.95)

This chocolate bar is so small! It's actually quite disappointing. It's approximately 2 inches by 3 inches. I included my hand in this  picture to show scale. The company refers to it as a "Nibbler" size. The next size up is 2 ounces weight, for $7.95, and referred to as "standard" size. The chocolate bar smells great and I'm sure it will taste great. I just wish there was more of it.


Made from Earth Vitamin Enhanced Moisturizer (2oz, $74.99)

This product feels grossly over priced. It's also the second Made from Earth product we've received from Seasons Box. The last one was the aloe lotion from the July box. I actually really enjoyed the aloe lotion and finished the little tub up in September. I'm sure I will like this moisturizer but I would never buy this product on my own, given that it's priced so high.


The September box was quite underwhelming, with two repeat brands, and only three products. The value is very high, but that is because of an extremely over priced moisturizer. Seasons Box hasn't been the same since April, when the first new management took over. It's nothing like the box I signed up for in March. My subscription has ended, and I will not be renewing, but I will be keeping an eye on this one. I really hope the new, new management finds a way to bring Seasons Box back to what it was.

What do you think of the September Seasons Box?


Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

  1. I still don't have my September box yet. Did you know that SB has gone to a month-by-month subscription format? No longer-term subscriptions. Also, the Canadian price per box is @ $50 now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that! Their lack of communication is still an issue I see. A Canadian recurring subscription is now $44.90 per month, so they've added $10 per month for shipping, which is something they said they were going to do. The box would have to be pretty damn amazing for me to pay that much.

      Delete
  2. Seriously this box is lame. Too much for too little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup and now with the charge for shipping, I doubt it will be worthwhile anymore.

      Delete
  3. I only found out because I visited my profile on their website to see if they had added a month due to my request to skip October (I am still waiting on a full reply from them).
    And excuse me for being lazy and not checking this, but PopSugar does NOT ship to Canada? Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Popsugar does not ship to Canada. Bummer!

      Delete
    2. I haven't received my September box yet and Seasons Box has not replied to any of my messages. I wouldn't recommend dealing with them!

      Delete

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box