Topbox Review - September 2013 - Beauty Subscription Box

What is it? Topbox
How Much? $12 per month, shipping included
What’s in it?  4 deluxe beauty samples
The September Topbox was curated with the assistance of the Chatelaine Editors. The box promised to include on of Chatelaine's top beauty picks plus 3 additional samples. A copy of the September edition of Chatelaine magazine would also be included.

The tube is much larger this month to accommodate the magazine. I love the design of the tube wrap. I will find a way to re-use this for sure!


The first look wasn't the norm for Topbox. Usually the products are wrapped together in tissue paper. These ones were just stuffed into the tube so I had to dump everything out. At first I couldn't find the product card but reader Sher suggested I check the magazine and there I found it, tucked into the pages.


September 2013 issue Chatelaine Magazine ($5)


Benefit - The Porefessional (0.1oz/3ml, $4.64) 
I received one of these in my May Topbox. This is the "Chatelaine Pick" in my box. 


Redken Diamond Oil Shampoo (1.7oz/50ml, $3.80) and Conditioner (1oz/30ml, $2.40)
These are brand new products. You can read more about them here.


Zyderma HS - Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser (1oz, $25)
This is another new product. It's a cleanser for acne prone skin and has a lot of other benefits as well. Read about it here.


Cover FX Matte Setting Powder in Light (4.5g/0.16oz, $16)
This is a  great sample size. It's half the size of the full size product. I love the Mirabella setting powder I received from Ipsy a few months ago, so I'm glad I have a replacement. And it's the right shade!


Killer Queen by Katy Perry Eau de Parfum (0.05oz/1.5ml, $1.95)
This is another newly released product and was included as a bonus item. Oddly enough, I don't mind it. It has fruity scents, floral scents, and woodsy scents mixed together. The card calls it "floriental".



The September Topbox contained 6 different products plus a magazine! The value of everything is approximately $55! It's an amazing value for Topbox. I'm a little confused with this box though. The promo said the box would include one of Chatelaine's top beauty picks. The September issue of Chateline lists the top 100 beauty picks for 2013. I searched through those pages high and low but not one single item in my box was included in the top 100. Even though the Benefit Porefessional is listed as a Chateliane Pick, it's not listed in the magazine. Regardless of this, I am happy with this month's box. I received three brand new products to try out! I'm looking forward to more exciting brands and new products next month.

What did you get in your September Topbox?


Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

  1. Ugh. I have the worst luck with regular boxes.
    I received a bottle of Wella Thermal Image but I almost never blow dry my hair. I mostly dread receiving perfume samples, and I got one I know I don't like (Tresor). I received two very tiny tubes of make-up/foundation that I guess I will try out even though it's not something I normally wear.
    But I like the box. And I know you can't receive a win every time.
    PS. Your product card may be tucked into the magazine; mine was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for the tip! I hung the magazine upside down until the product card fell out! I will update my post accordingly!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Lucky you! I only got 4 products! Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer, Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protectant Spray (full size), Lise Watier Teint Age Control Supreme and Lancome Paris Tresor Eau de Parfum (Chatelaine Pick).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The product card counts the shampoo & conditioner as one product but I count it as two.

      Delete
  3. I got what they all got. Loved this month's packaging! I think I'll keep Topbox for at least one month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of turning the tube into a coin bank. Just cut a little slot in the top plastic lid. Pretty and functional!

      Delete
    2. What a cute idea! My 8yr old daughter is obsessed with collecting change that she finds in random places. Ha! Maybe she's saving up for her own Topbox. ;)

      Delete
  4. Ack grass is greener on the other side! (ie. I like your box better than mine hehe). I got a very tiny tiny sample of Kerastase Elixir, the same perfume sample, Estee Lauder mascara, Cover Fx primer, and Lise Watier cream eyeshadows (very tiny samples).

    http://naturallybeautifulreviews.blogspot.com/2013/09/topbox-september-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kerastase product will probably last a few uses. I got the Elixir Ultime in my Luxe Box (3 of them actually) and a little goes a long way. That's the case with all hair oils.

      Delete
  5. How many different boxes do you think there are out there? I got one like the ones previously mentioned, but with Katy Perry perfume (I actually wear Tresor, and it's a much better quality perfume) and a Bourjois Paris mascara. Your box sounds like the best!

    http://rebekkahmay.blogspot.ca/2013/09/topbox-september-2013-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Tresor too. I got the Katy Perry perfume. It's ok. Glad I got to try it though.

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure how many boxes but I did a rough tally of how many products... with that, the box combinations are really endless. There were products from:

      Kerastase
      Benefit
      Redken
      Zyderm
      Katy Perry
      Tresor (2 sizes)
      Cover Fx (2 different products)
      Wella
      Lise Watier (2 different products)
      Estee Lauder
      Bonjour Paris
      Pelle Beauty
      Essie

      That's what I've seen so far...

      Everyone received 4 products, except for the people who received Katy Perry's perfume as a bonus - they received 5.

      Delete
  6. This is my first time with Topbox and I'm pretty darn happy :) Are these containers the norm? I had no idea they'd be so nice! and that there were so many different ones. I thought we all got the same.

    The one brand I've never heard of is Zyderma. Did anyone else get the acne cleansing cream too? Looking forward to trying out all my goodies! Feels like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tube is usually about half the size in length. This one is larger to accomodate the magazine. They're still very cool and great for gifting. Topbox always has a few varieties of boxes, but this month there seems to be even more variety. I haven't seen any other reviewers get the Zyderma product.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! Good to know about the boxes. I'm pretty sure I'll go for another one next month.

      Yay! If there aren't a lot of people who've received the Zyderma product then I feel lucky to have gotten it in my box. Cool. Definitely in need of skincare :/

      Delete
  7. I got the topbox with the Clinique products of the moisturizer, berry lip colour, eye cream and mascara. I like most of the products with the exception of the moisturizer since it is made for very dry to dry combination skin. I have oily skin, so this will be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box