Beauty Box 5 Review - August 2013 - Beauty Subscription Box


What is it? Beauty Box 5 
How Much? $12/month, $30/quarter, $99/year 
What's in it? 4-5 samples from your favourite beauty brands 

My August Beauty Box 5 shipped August 16th and arrived sometime last week. I was out of town so I'm not sure the exact date it arrived, but based on past boxes, it was probably August 29th or 30th.

First Look

Product Card


Bask Heavenly Silk Daily Skin Lotion (2oz, $1.82)

This sample is a really good size and perfect for travel or the gym bag. The scent is really soapy. Not sure how I feel about it yet. The lotion is really light, non-greasy and blends in well.


Nubar Nail Lacquer in Hot Pink (0.25oz, $4)

This shade is bright! It's neon pink. I don't love the formula. It's pretty sheer, despite the bright colour and takes at least three coats to be opaque. I got it to my liking using four coats.


H2O+ Aquafirm + Micro-Collagen Moisturizer (0.27oz, $7.94)

This is the fourth H2O+ product I have received from Beauty Box 5, out of seven boxes. This product is said to promote collagen production and fight fine lines and loss of firmness.


Be a Bombshell Eye Shadow in Birthday Suit (Full size, $14)

This is a great, neutral shade, that will be perfect as a shadow base. I'm really liking Be a Bombshell products.


Swissco Nail File (Full size, $1.50)

I guess one can never have enough nail files, but I'm not super thrilled to receive this in a sub box.


The August Beauty Box 5 box contained five products, valued at just under $30. I am most happy with the eye shadow. The rest of the products are just okay for me.

What did you think of the August Beauty Box 5?



Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

  1. I was also most happy with my eyeshadow, but overall happy with more variety of brands in the boxes and the direction they seem to be heading in :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are branching out a little bit so that is good to see.

      Delete
  2. I found my hot pink to be almost opaque in one coat, and definitely bright and opaque in 2. Weird. Maybe I lucked out with the formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to be more generous with the amount I'm applying. tried again today and got good coverage with just 2 coats.

      Delete

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box