BarkBox Review - July 2013 - Pet Subscription Box

 

What is it? BarkBox 
How Much? $29 per month, $69 for 3 months (save 18%) or $114 for 6 months (save 34%). Save $10 per month on a 6 month subscription! 
What's in it? 4 or more products for your dog

This is my second Bark Box, which is kind of hilarious since I don't have a dog. I ordered the June box and gifted all the items to my mum for her two pooches. With referral credit, I was able to get the July box for free! The box arrived July 29th.

I love the stamping on Bark Box. The little dogs are so cute!

First look

Product card


Barkworthies Junior Bully Stick (6", $2.60)
The dogs LOVE bully sticks. Mr. Barkworthies are 100% beef with no chemicals or preservatives.



No Grainers Training Size Soft Chews in BBQ Chicken Flavour (5oz, $4.50)
These treats are grain, wheat, corn, and soy free. The first ingredient is chicken liver. I'm sure the dogs will gobble these up in no time!


R2P Pet Sprong Dog Toy ($9)
This looks more like a baby toy than a dog toy. My mum's dogs aren't much for toys. One of them has an affinity for stuffless animals that resemble road kill. I may give Sprong to a friend.


Mr. Barksmith's Cool Treats Smoothies for Dogs in Peanut Butter Flavour (1 cup, $1.33)
This is an interesting treat. You can freeze it and serve it to your pooch for a cool treat, or serve as is. It's wheat, gluten, and dairy free. It's made from fruit, and fortified with chia protein.


Safemade for Bark Box Flexi-Bowl ($5)
This is GREAT! It's a soft, flexible dog bowl, which is perfect for travel. It's made of food-safe, non-toxic silicone. I have a cloth collapsable bowl that I keep in my car for when I have the dogs, but it's basically useless. This Flexi-Bowl will be used for sure.


Max & Ruffy's Natural Organic Treats for Dogs in Banana & Coconut Flavour (5oz, $5.25)
More treats! The dogs love treats. These ones are grain free - well they're wheat, corn and soy free. They contain buckwheat, which technically is not a grain, but is processed in the same way as grains. There is no animal protein in these treats... not sure how the dogs will feel about banana and coconut. But since they're dogs, they eat pretty much anything.


In total the July Bark Box contained 6 products, valued at approximately $23. I love the idea of Bark Box but I'm not super thrilled about the value of a month-to-month membership. The month to month cost for Bark Box is $29. Neither of the Bark Boxes I've received reached $29 in product value. A better bet is to sign up for a 3 or 6 month subscription, which would bring your monthly cost down to $23 and $19, respectively.

Also of note, when I cancelled my subscription at the end of June, Bark Box offered me an incentive to stay by offering me a second month at $19. I cancelled anyway. After this July box, Bark Box sent me another incentive, offering me a month-to-month subscription for only $24 per month. They will do whatever they can to retain customers. If I actually had a dog, I would probably stick around because I do really enjoy the service.

If you are interested in Bark Box, sign up using my referral link to get a free box added to your account!



Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box