Swap with Girl Meets Box!

Lisa, of Girl Meets Box, and I have been planning a swap since the beginning of May. In my April Empties post, I wrote about how much I love Biore Nose Strips. Lisa replied that she had a box of them from a previous Glossybox and suggested we do a swap. I jumped at the chance. Neither of us had done a swap before so we were both excited. We started by sending each other a "beauty run down" with our product and colour preferences and included a photo of ourselves. Here is the run down I sent Lisa:
OK... here is a little beauty profile for me. I've included a photo too so you get an idea of what my "style" is. In a word: Simple!

I have fair/light skin, red hair and green eyes. I don't wear a lot of make up day to day, but like to experiment for special occupations. My go-to beauty items are mascara, lip gloss and blush. I am actually in the market for a new powder blush right now. I prefer neutral shades (no blue eyeshadow please!) and for nails, brights or darks. For other beauty items, I would get the most use out of face washes, moisturizers, face/body scrubs, body wash and anything with SPF. I'm also enjoying experimenting with eye creams and serums right now. 34 this year... time to worry about crows feet! Hair is long, straight to wavy, thick and slightly dry. I don't use a lot of hair products, other than shampoo and conditioner, but I'm open to trying anything. For scents, I love citrus and vanilla... and pretty well everything except lavender!
I don't have any preferred brands and I love trying new products.
We set a suggested budget and a completion date of early July then set about gathering products to meet each others wishes. We kept in contact throughout May and early June, updated any wishes and preferences, and expanded the budget slightly when we realized we both went a wee bit overboard. Both boxes shipped a day apart at the end of June. Lisa received hers a few days ago and mine arrived today... exactly two months after the process began!

This is going to be a very photo heavy post! There was SO MUCH stuff inside my box. I'm posting the photos in order of how I removed the items from the box. Items are grouped in the photos by how they were packaged.

"A Few Extras" - This was an unexpected surprise. That necklace to the right is one Lisa received in her May Wantable box but felt it wasn't her style. I left a comment that I liked the necklace and low and behold... here it is!

"Nails" -  I said my preferences were for brights and darks and that is exactly what I received. China Glaze in "Live, Love, Laught", Suncoat Peelable (colour not listed), and Seche Vite Top Coat.

The little note on this one said "I know you enjoy tea - hope you like this one". I do like tea and I love Chai. It smells amazing!

"Body" -  Deep Steep Grapefruit & Bergamot Sugar Scrub and Sephora Vanilla Soothing Body Scrub. I laughed when I saw the Deep Steep because I sent Lisa a Deep Steep body wash, and I'm pretty sure I sent her the exact same scent!

"I thought these were so pretty & smelled so good! Hope you like them." I love them! The one on the left smells amazing and the box of the one on the right is beautiful! Punch Studio Citrus Passion Soap and Verbena Soap. 

"A Little of This..."  Social Butterfly Hair Perfume, Clarins Multi-Active Day, Vichy Normaderm, La Roche-Psay Hydraphase UV, Blue Lagoon Iceland Silica Mud Mask, Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Revolution Complex, Bioderma Purifying Corrective Care, Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude Eau de Pafum. 

:) 
Lisa took part in the Buzz Agent campaign for International Delight Iced Coffee. I mentioned to her on Twitter that I was addicted to the stuff. Thank you for enabling me!

Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Night Cream x 4. This is a funny one too because I sent her two similar Burt's Bees lotion samples. Great minds think alike!

"A Little of That..." - Top row L-R: NUDE Treatment Oil, Bumble & Bumble Surf Shampoo & Conditioner, ProClaim Intense Hydrating Masque, Vichy Night Spa, Elizabeth Grant Eye Power Pads. Bottom Row L-R: Kerastase Cristalliste, Simply Basie Eye Patch Therapy x2, Biore Nose Strip, Origins Renewal Cream, Blue Lagoon Iceland Nourishing Cream x2, Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash x2, John Frieda Frizz-Ease Creme Serum. Not shown: Philosophy Hope in a Jar sample.

All of these items were tucked inside the little pouch. Pouches like this are great for travel! Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel in Vanilla Sugar and Sweet Pea, Cherry Valley Organics Eucalyptus Lip Balm, Burt's Bees Hand Salve. Lisa must have read the post where I wrote that I love B&BW products and I use hand sanitizer regularly. The lip balm is from the Summer Sweet Delights Sample Box! I forgot to wake up early enough to order a box so great to have a product from it to try!

"Face" -  The product that started it all! Biore Nose Strips with e.l.f. Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths. Two products that will be used up in no time!

 
Smashbox Try It Kit and Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water. The Try It Kit includes Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Photo Finish Lid Primer, Limitless Eye Liner in Onyx, Full Exposure Mascara in Jet Black and Lip Enhancing Gloss in Illume. I love Smashbox products so this kit is great. The Sephora Cleansing Water is actually something I tried to buy online recently but it was sold out!

"Lips" - e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Coral, Juice Beauty Gloss in Champagne, NYX gloss in sparkle, Jack Black Lip Balm in Lemon & Chamomile, and Sephora Lip Attitude in Glamour.  We traded Juice Beauty Glosses from our May Ipsy Bags.

"Eyes" -  Benefit Bad Gal Lash, Essence Get Big Lashes, Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil & Gel, Lash Card, Cover Girl Eye Enhancers  with Satin Earth, Toasted Sand & Sunkissed Sand, e.l.f. Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow in Heartbreaker, and Colour Focus EyeColour Quad in 4Dreaming. Lisa did a great job picking shadow colours for me and I've always wanted to try a Lash Card.

"Face" -  This is the stuff I love the most. I posted on Twitter last month that I needed a new Kabuki brush so when I saw this I was really happy. Turns out though, Lisa had already bought the brush before I tweeted! Girl knows me. I'm really pleased with the blushes she chose too. A range of shades that will suit my colouring. e.l.f. Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder, Sephora Blush in Peach Fusion, and Markwins Blush (colour not specified).

This is another product that made me chuckle. I gave Lisa a Summer Getaway Kit from Yves Rocher that included a few products in a great straw tote. She gave me a Fruits & Passion kit with a few products in a great striped canvas tote! Pomelo Hand Cream, Green Citrus Coconut Shower Gel, and Vanilla Pineapple Hand Cream.

This swap was so much fun! I loved collecting items to include in the box for Lisa and it was so much fun to open and unbox the products she sent me. The pile of goods was huge! Lisa really did her homework. Not only did she follow my beauty "profile" to a T, she also took into account comments I left on her blog posts, comments I made in my own blog posts and even Tweets! This swap was a really great experience. Thank you, Lisa!


Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

  1. Wow you got this post up fast! I'm still laughing at some of the things we got each other! Thanks again for doing this swap with me. It was such a fun experience and truly a highlight for me since I started blogging! I wasn't planning on doing a post of our swap, but I certainly will now! I hope to get it done by this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a cute idea! It looks like you got a lot of great items too

    Reviews Until You Drop

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box