Seasons Box Review - July 2013 - Eco-Lifestyle Subscription Box


*This box is closed*
What is it? SeasonsBox
How Much? $34.90 monthly, $99.70 quarterly, $174.50 semi-annually, $349 yearly.
What's in it? 3-5 luxurious full size seasonal must-have products for your home, body and spirit
My July Seasons Box arrived on July 18th. I was absolutely shocked. Previous Seasons Boxes haven't shipped until the 20th of the month, and then it takes two to three weeks to make it to Canada. I was expecting to see this one in early August. I didn't receive a shipping confirmation e-mail this month (according to a MUT post, no one did), but the postage stamp says the box shipped on July 11th. The return shipping address is for a 3rd party shipping and receiving company in Salt Lake City, Utah. Of all the changes happening with Seasons Box, this may actually be a good one.


July marks the first month Seasons Box is completely new. There are no traces of the old Canadian SeasonsBox, run by Agnes. The logo, the packaging, and the product card are all new design. No more pretty gift box with colourful ribbon. The shipping box is branded and serves as dual purpose shipping box and product box. Other reviewers have called it professional. I call it common. And the interior packaging is, in a word, sloppy.


First appearances and packaging aside, the products aren't so bad!


Nibnaks Cranberry Tart (40g bag, $2.19)
Nibnaks are just as healthy as they appear to be. Their snacks are gluten free, 100% natural and high in fiber. They also source from local family-run farms in California.

I snacked on these the day the box arrived. They were good... What's not good about dried fruit and almonds? That's all that's in the bag and on the ingredients list. I would probably make my own mix before I would ever buy these again though.


Wild Mountain Pocket Snacks in Tiger Moon (57g/2oz, $3.50)
Wild plants are an excellent source of nutrients and eating raw is healthier because heating foods diminishes and destroys living enzymes that aid and speed up digestion.

 The flavour I received has sunflower seeds, ginger and cashews. I haven't tried it yet, but it's in a solid mass like a bar rather than a loose mix like I expected.


Bella Organics  Dead Sea Mineral Mud Mask (full size, $10)
This product makes your skin feel clean and refreshed instantly. Best of all, it is completely natural, without any additives or fillers and works well on all skin types.

I'm looking forward to trying this. I am addicted to face masks lately. 


Made from Earth Pure Aloe Vera Skin Treatment (2oz/59g, full size - $14.99)
This treatment features the most potent and natural form of aloe vera you can buy in a jar. It is 100% farmed and sourced in the USA.

I will get a lot of use from this over the summer. It's also handy to have around for use on minor burns.


Pura Vida Bracelets - Hippie Hair Ties (5 ties, $10 - "Love" collection)
Pura Vida accessories are hand crafted by skilled craftsmen in Costa Rica. Pura Vida is also a member of One Percent for the Planet and donates a portion of its proceeds to the Surfrider Foundation, a grassroots foundation dedicated to cleaning up beaches and oceans around the world.

I appreciate the charitable aspect of this product but I am SO SICK OF RIBBON  HAIR TIES! They do not work and they look juvenile. I wish this trend would go away. Rant over.


My July Seasons Box included 5 products, valued at just over $40.  I paid $29 for this box, with a 6 month subscription. I love when Seasons Box includes a mix of edible items and beauty products. This isn't my favourite Seasons Box to date, but it's also not my least favourite. I'm still not happy with all the changes the company has made - and even less happy that they have yet to update customers about these changes, despite repeated promises to do so - but I'm encouraged to see they are working to fix some of the issue. Shipping has always been my number one complaint, and it looks like that issue has been resolved. Small miracles!

What do you think of the July Seasons Box? 



Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

  1. It's nice that there's a mix of products. The face mask looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first started following the seasons box and was considering getting one I was a lot more impressed than I am now... but hopefully they work to improve other stuff now that the shipping is better :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on those hair bands. I hate them! They don't work! I hate finding them in boxes. That mask does look cool though.

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box