Ipsy Glam Bag Review - July 2013 - Beauty Subscription Bag

What is it? Ipsy Glam Bag
How Much? $10 per month, plus $4.95 shipping to Canada
What’s in it?  4-5 beauty products every month
This is the first month I have not peeked at spoilers for Ipsy. The only thing I knew about was the bag, because it was posted at Ipsy.


This is what was inside the bubble mailer. The theme of this month is "Beach Beauty". The bag is on the smaller side this month. It's pink plastic and see through. Apparently see-through PVC bags are all the rage this summer.


I received this nail polish as a bonus for referring two friends last month! Nicole by O.P.I. in "It's Pretty in Plum" from the Selena Gomez collection. (Value $10)

Now for the Beach Beauty products...


Sexy Hair - Soy Renewal Beach Spray (50ml/1.7oz, $6.65) 
Creates beachy undone texture that looks and feels like you’ve spent a day at the beach. Contains argan oil which helps nourish, protect and heal hair damage. 

This is my third beach spray product. I received one in my July Julep box, which I enjoy quite a bit. I also have one from Charoltte Ronson, and it's okay. I am eager to try the Sexy Hair beach spray. It smells great - just like the beach!


Pop Beauty - Pouty Pop Crayon in Rose Romance ($4.15)
POP's Pouty Pop Crayon nourishes, treats, and adds that perfectly-plumped pop to lips. These extra-nourishing balms gently bounce onto lips creating a plumped & pillowy pout leaving them with luscious, long-lasting colour with a super-smooth texture. Available in six shades.

I don't love this shade. I would have been happy with either of the other ones available (Coral Crush or Fuchsia Flirt). Pop Beauty sells a 6 pack with the full collection for $25.


Coola - Mineral Face SPF 20 Unscented Moisturizer (7ml/0.23oz, $5) 
Keep the sun and environment at bay with this SPF 20 broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen; a clear, Titanium Dioxide based formula. This sunscreen is hypoallergenic, paraben-free, ultra sheer, anti-aging, and water resistant for 40 minutes.


Benefit Cosmetics - Benetint (2.5ml/0.08oz, $6) 
Benefit's original rose-tinted stain is kiss-proof, see-through color for lips & cheeks that lasts for hours. Naturally sheer & sexy on all complexions...it’s innocent yet provocative. It's loved by celebs, makeup artists and gals around the world. It's the sexiest flush you can get from a bottle! 

Benetint has never been a fave of mine. I will gift this to my sister.


bh cosmetics - California Collection Eyeshadow Sample  (3 shadow mini pallete, $3)
This BH Cosmetics makeup palette includes a shade from each of the California Collection palettes: Hollywood, San Francisco, and Malibu. 

This is a great sample palette. I will use San Francisco and I might try Hollywood too. Not sure about Malibu.


I received 5 products in the July Ipsy Glam Bag, valued at just under $25. I also received a bonus nail polish valued at $10. I love the Beach Beauty theme this month and I will get lots of use out of the Coola sunscreen and Sexy Hair beach spray.

What did you get in your Ipsy Glam Bag this month?

Interested in trying Ipsy? Sign up using my referral link!


Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

  1. I'm not a big fan of the see through PVC, but the products look fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't like the bag. It smells like a beach ball.

      Delete
  2. Funny enough, I got the Coral Crush lip crayon and hate it. It's so bright (I swatched it on my hand on my blog if you want to see what it looks like. Oddly it looks more orange on my lips than on my hand). I wanted the color you got! What did it look like on?
    I got the same Coola and the same BH Cosmetics, but I got the humidity spray instead of the beach spray and the Demeter spray (which I LOVED) instead of the Benetint. I actually just bought a few more scents from their site with the code!

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box