TopBox Review - June 2013 - Beauty Subscription Box

What is it? Topbox
How Much? $12 per month, shipping included
What’s in it?  4 deluxe beauty samples
I know I must sound like a broken record, but the Topbox shipping system is the most efficient and timely of any subscription service I have experienced. I received the shipping confirmation e-mail June 10th around 1500hrs and the box was delivered at 1036hrs on June 11th. I also love how Topbox uses Canada Post shipping tools, so we also receive delivery confirmation e-mails. I was at work when I received the e-mail and couldn't wait to get home for lunch to check my mailbox!

Unlike most of my other subscriptions, I never know what to expect in my monthly Topbox. They don't release any spoilers or hints and since shipping is so darn quick, I often receive my box at the same time, or even before other bloggers, so there are no spoilers online before I get my box. Every month the regular Topbox is a complete and total surprise. With my other boxes, I kind of like hunting down spoilers, but with Topbox, I am perfect happy with the mystery.

This month did not disappoint.


Belvada Cosmetics - Mini Eyelash Curler ($5.99)
Compact and easy to use, this curler will create a natural looking curl.
 
I have wanted one of these ever since I saw them as a bonus gift in one of the Julep boxes, before I was a Julep Maven. I almost bought one on sale at Sephora but they were sold out. Now I'm glad I held off hunting one down.


Benefit Cosmetics - Sugarbomb Ultra Plush Gloss (6.5ml sample, $8.25)
Silky and luxurious shimmering pinky nude lip gloss.

This is one of Benefit's newer products and goes along with the Sugarbomb Blush. I like that it's just a hint of sheer colour, but I'm not a big fan of shimmer gloss. I will try this out but might pass on to someone else. My gloss box is quite full right  now!


Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics - Fairy Lashes Mascara (Full size, $24)
A mascara specially formulated to make eyelashes flutter and flap.

I'm not sure about the flutter and flap portion of the description but I am happy to see another mascara. I am always looking for new mascaras to try out, mostly because it is so darn hard to find a great mascara! Jelly Pong Pong is a new brand to me (what a funny name!), and prior to this Topbox, I'd only seen this brand in the April version of the now-defunct GlossyBox Canada.


Truth or Dare by Madonna - Eau de Parfum (3ml sample, $2.31)
A unique blend of narcotic florals. Balances with addictive woods and vanilla, it creates a scent that is timeless, yet modern, simultaneously dark and light.

Narcotic florals? How very Madonna. I right away imagined Eau de Cannibas or Eau de Opium! Does Demeter produce those scents? Like most people, fragrance samples are not my favourite. I'm not sensitive to scents though so I always give them a shot. Surprisingly, I actually like this one. It isn't too floral and the hint of vanilla is rather pleasant. I probably wouldn't buy a full size though, only because this good sized sample will last quite, plus the full size is $65. Too much!


As always, this edition of Topbox contained 4 samples, with a combined value of over $40! I am excited to try all the products!

What did you get in your June Topbox?

Not a member yet? Send me an e-mail for a special invitation link and get on the wait list.




Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

  1. Great Box!I love everything except the perfume. Although I'm sure it smells pretty. I also like that there never seems to be any spoilers. I love surprises! I hope I'm not on the waiting list much longer, I want next months box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based on some comments on Facebook, it looks like they had an influx of interest after GlossyBox CA closed. I think you signed up before that happened though? Hopefully you are near the top of the list!

      Delete
  2. I'm still on the wait list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I signed up in late February and had my offer to subscribe in time for the April box so it was around 6 weeks. Their Facebook team is telling people it's about a 2 month wait right now.

      Delete
    2. I got my invitation today. It's weird to feel privileged to get an invitation to a $12 sub box.

      Delete
    3. How long did it end up taking? I think it's worth the wait. I hope you enjoy your first box next month!

      Delete
    4. I requested an invitation on May 13 and got invited on June 12.

      Delete
    5. Oh that's not bad at all, compared to what they are telling people on Facebook.

      Delete
  3. It's great that there are no spoilers and it ships so fast, that's really fun. I'm on the wait list but I recently signed up for BB5 and I'm not sure how many beauty subs I can afford or need, so I may pass when the times comes. This is a cute box though, and the mascara sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know, I have both but I prefer Topbox, mostly because it's Canadian and the shipping is so much faster.

      Delete
    2. OH! Plus, Topbox posted on Facebook that over the next 3 months, there will be over 10 new brand partners plus a few BRAND NEW product launches. I'm quite excited. TopBox has some amazing brand partners.

      Delete
  4. I got the same stuff as you except 2 Pari mineral pigment shadows instead of the perfume sample. Overall, I'm very happy with this month's TopBox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great too! I'm looking forward to all the new products and brands they are bring on board.

      Delete
  5. I got a Lise Watier blue eyeshadow instead of the perfume. I'm really happy with this month's box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I don't think I would use blue eye shadow so probably better I got the perfume.

      Delete
  6. My first month as a subscriber. Foolishly I upgraded to Yaby without trying a regular box first. I was extremely disappointed in receiving the smallest palette ever. I basically saved $10 from the retail price. So unhappy and feeling regretful. I'll know next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought one of the Yaby paletts when Topbox had their big sale last month, it wasn't on sale though so I think I paid $29. Although the palett is small, the shadows are really good quality and highly pigmented.

      Personally, I would never pay to upgrade a TopBox. The value of the regular box is great as is.

      Delete
  7. I have to admit I'm really jealous of your box this month! Mine was good but now I've seen yours it's looking kind of sad...
    http://beautysubscriptionreviews.blogspot.ca/2014/06/june-topbox-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This review is from June 2013... last year.

      My review for the current June box will be posted on Friday.

      Delete

Popular posts from this blog

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box