Julep Maven Review - May 2013 Upgrade Box - Beauty Subscription Box


What is it? Julep Maven
How Much? $19.99 per month, shipping included
What’s in it? At least $40 worth of products chosen depending on your style profile, or upgrade your box for an additional $30 and get the entire collection for the month ($220 value).
Modern Beauty: Get two full-size beauty products in every box.
Boho Glam:  Get two limited-edition nail colors and one full-size beauty product in every box. 
Bombshell: Get two limited-edition nail colors and one full-size beauty product in every box.
Classic with a Twist: Get two limited-edition nail colors and one full-size beauty product in every box.
It Girl: Get three limited-edition nail colors in every box.

The box! Bigger than usual.

I upgraded my Maven box for May so this is going to be a photo heavy post. I got a lot of products!


First look!

The upgraded box included every polish and product available for May. I ended up with two lipstick sets (6 tubes total), a mascara, lip scrub, and nine nail polishes!

The Lipsticks


Paris Jazz Trio ($28) - Silky little lip colors inspired by the Roaring Twenties.

  • Sweet Lorraine: Bubblegum pink lip sheer
  • Charleston: Cranberry lip sheer
  • Lady in Red: Matte crimson lip color



New York Jazz Trio ($28) - Silky little lip colors inspired by the Roaring Twenties.

  • Lady in Red: Matte crimson lip color
  • Satin Doll: Poppy lip sheer
  • Tea for Two: Nude shimmer lip sheer



Sugar Smooch Lip Scrub ($14)
This scrumptious blend of brown sugar, molasses, conditioning oils, vitamin E, and shea butter will leave your lips soft, smooth, and ready for color (or kisses).



Julep American Beauty Volumizing Mascara ($24)
Jet black. Lash growth enhancement ingredients and micro-fiber applicator separates, conditions, and plumps individual lashes for a thick and gorgeous finish. Launched in September 2012.   




  • Myrtle - Flapper red crème
  • Coco - Oxblood crème
  • Gabrielle - Smoky mulberry crème
  • Millie - Vintage indigo crème
  • Alice - Antique lilac shimmer
  • Zelda - Pink champagne metallic
  • Zora - Frosted pink pearl
  • Clara - Opaque peach creme
  • Paris - Multidimensional holographic glitter top coat




The Verdict:

I love everything I received in this box. I will get use out of absolutely everything. I especially love ALL the beauty products and the Coco and Gabrielle polishes. The retail value of everything is $220 and I paid only $49.99 ($19.99 regular Maven fee plus $30 for upgrade). Now I am officially stocked on polishes so I will likely be sticking with just the Modern Beauty box for a while.

Did you get the May Maven box? What did you get?

Are you still not a Julep Maven? Use my referral link and sign up today! You won't be disappointed!


Update May 14: I realized today that my Julep box did not include the little flower hair clips that all the regular Maven boxes included as a bonus. Seems odd that the upgraded box wouldn't include the same bonus so I have e-mailed Julep to see if the hair clips were left out of my box by mistake. Will update when I have an answer.
Update May 15: I received a reply from Julep. The omission of the hairpins from the upgrade box was an error and they are shipping me a set ASAP.




Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.

Comments

  1. Thanks for letting us take a peak in your box! I have a girlfriend who would LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read on FB that the upgrade box didn't include the hairpins... i was hoping for them so i think i'm going to e-mail julep as well. that being said, i too thought this was a great upgrade and was a definite no-brainer for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Received a reply today that the omission of the hairpins was an error. They are shipping a set out to me ASAP.

      Delete

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Fall 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box

Frock Box Favourites Review - October 2017 - Canadian Clothing Subscription Service

Simply Beautiful by BC Living Review - Spring 2017 - Canadian Lifestyle Subscription Box