Beauty Box 5 Review - February 2013 - Monthly Beauty Subscription Box
What is it? Beauty Box 5*
How Much? $12 monthly, $30 quarterly, $100 yearly (shipping included)
What’s in it? 4-5 samples of your favourite beauty brands
In early February, Beauty Box 5 sent an e-mail advising subscribers the box would ship a bit late for the month. In celebration of their first anniversary, Beauty Box 5 was putting together a special box, with bigger samples, that would be heavier than usual and would require a different shipping method than usual. The box ended up shipping towards the end of the month instead of middle. Shipping to Canada takes quite a bit longer so my box didn’t arrive until March 8th! This was my first Beauty Box 5 so the anticipation was palpable. I was thrilled when it finally arrived.
The box is quite small and fit nicely in my condo-sized mail slot. Inside the samples were arranged neatly on a bed of black crinkle paper. Here’s what was inside:
The product information/birthday card provided the following product information:
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub (Tropical Mango scent - others received Coconut Lime scent). “Smooth, nourished, glowing skin is just a scrub away with this essential oil-packed sugar-based exfoliant”. 5.5 oz travel size. Full size is $7.49 for 18 oz. Approximate sample value $1.36.
- Coolway Boost “Infuse your hair with moisture and lock in that straightened style before you even get out of the shower!” 1 oz sample size. Full is is $39.95 for 8 oz. Approximate sample value $4.99.
- The Brush Guard Variety Pack “These handy little guards mean you’ll never again have to worry about damaging your brushes during travel! Hooray!” 3 piece sample pack. Full pack is $5.50 for 4 pieces. (The Brush Guard Website says the full variety pack is $5.50 for 6 pieces so we’ll go with that.) Approximate sample value is $2.75.
- H2O + Bath Aquatics Shampoo “Your hair will feel like you washed it in sparkling spring water when you use this extra-gentle, non-drying and great smelling shampoo! 1.25 oz travel size. Full size is $14 for 8.5 oz. Approximate sample value $2.06.
- $50 gift card to iTrain.com, a website where you can download audio and video workouts to your Mp3 player.
- BB5 Foldable Brush Compact with mirror “A gift in honor of our first anniversary!”
The VerdictTotal estimated value for the February 2013 Beauty Box 5 is $66.16. That’s an amazing value considering the box cost me about $8.33 with a yearly subscription! I’m happy with the products and all six of them will be put to use.
Also included in the box was a referral promo. From February to March 15th, BB5 would send a $5 Sephora gift card for each referral that subscribes. I was very surprised to get an e-mail the other day with a link to a $10 Sephora gift card code. So far I’m linking BB5 and the perks.
Have you joined Beauty Box 5* yet? What did you think of the February box?
Comments are now closed for this post. Please e-mail me with any comments or questions.