Thursday, 13 June 2013

Bonjour Jolie Review - June 2013 - Time of the Month Subscription Box


Bonjour Jolie is a Time-of-the-Month subscription box that brings you "what you need, as well as what you want, to sail through your monthly periods with ease". Last month I received a complimentary box for review (you can read all about it here) and I loved it! I wasn't planning to subscribe immediately because I already have too many boxes, but then Bonjour Jolie had a one day sale offering 20% off a 3 month subscription. I immediately signed up!

First look

The "Grand Opening Box" last month was amazing. I really wondered if Bonjour Jolie could match that first, great box. This one came pretty darn close. 

 The theme of this box is "Summer of Color" 

The Products:

 

A 30 piece assortment of pads, liners and tampons.  This is the best part of Bonjour Jolie. You get 30 pieces, in any combination of your choice and any brand. They seriously have every brand, size, absorbency etc possible. (Approximate value $10)

The Gift:


Pop Beauty Stain Stay lip stain (Full size, $16)

I really like how Bonjour Jolie includes a really nice quality "gift" item. This lip stain is a very cool product and I can't wait to give it a try. Last month we received a Stila Lip Glaze so hopefully next month the gift will be something other than a lip product.

The Edibles:

  
Touch Organica Teas (5 bags, $1.04)
I can never have enough tea and I can't wait to try the "Very Berry' white tea.


Yummy Earth Organic Lollipops (5 pops, $1.50)
What?! No chocolate!?! I do understand that it's hard to ship chocolate long distances during warm weather, but anything would be better than lollipops! Don't get me wrong, I will totally eat and enjoy these, but I was hoping to see something else for the sweet treat.


Quaker Popped Sweet Rice Snacks (26g bag, $1)
I'm excited to have another salty snack this month. I've never seen or heard of this snack before so I was super excited to try it... and full disclosure, I ate these almost immediately after taking the photo. And they were good!

The Pampering:


Moroccan Rose Soap Petals (3 roses, $1.20)
These are so cool. They're little rose buds, but made out of soap. They are super delicate and smell very nice. I'll probably use them in the bath. Pricing is based on a similar product sold at World Market - 20 pieces for $7.99.


Summer's Eve Cleansing Cloths (3 cloths, $0.50)

Rusk Deepshine Shampoo/Conditioner samples (2 x 10ml pouches, $1.50)

Kiehl's Superbly Restorative Body Lotion sample (5ml pouch, $1)

Advil 2 x 200mg tablets (2 pouches, $1)
Seriously can never have enough Advil.


Once again Bonjour Jolie put together another great and fun box. I really enjoy opening up this box and going through everything. It's like my birthday every month!

My only complaint this month has to do with the edibles. I like the salty snack but the sweet snack is a bit of a let down. Also, the American box included a 4 piece box of chocolate truffles, valued at $7.95. The two edible products in the Canadian box only totalled $2.50. It would be nice if all the boxes had a similar value. Those issues aside, I still really love Bonjour Jolie.

Once again, Bonjour Jolie delivered everything I need for this month. I paid $21.60 for this box (including shipping and discount) and received approximately $35 worth of products. The hygiene products and gift alone totalled more than I paid. The regular monthly cost for Canadians is $26, so it's still a great value, even without the promo.

If you are looking for a "time-of-the-month" box subscription, I highly recommend Bonjour Jolie. It's the best value box in this genre. Check them out here.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Have you tried them before? I never have but they seem really fun.

      Delete
  2. I feel like I need this, my period is always a horrible experience and it used to be much worse lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's excatly why it's such a great box!

      Delete