Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Beauty Box 5 Review - March 2013 - Beauty Subscription Box

My March edition of Beauty Box 5 FINALLY arrived today. It was sent out on March 20th so shipping to Canada takes three entire weeks. As with last month, I cheated and looked at spoilers online so I knew what to expect.

What is it? Beauty Box 5*
How Much? $12 monthly, $30 quarterly, $100 yearly (shipping included)
What’s in it? 4-5 samples of your favourite beauty brands

Tree Hut - Shea Body Butter in Tropical Mango
Infused with certified organic Shea butter, this sweet-smelling moisturizer nourishes the skin and helps prevent the signs of aging.

Full size is $6.49 for 9oz. Sample size is 2oz and worth approximately $1.44. I received the tropical mango scent scrub in my February box and I love it. I'm looking forward to trying the body butter.

 

H2O+ - Sea Salt Body Wash
With ingredients like Japanese Green Tea and Pro-vitamin B, this body wash deeply nourishes the skin in a light lather that cleans without drying.

Full size is $17 for 12.5oz.  Sample size is 1oz and worth approximately $1.36. This sample smells fresh and clean, much like the H2O+ shampoo we received last month.


H2O+ - Eye Lift Concentrate
This all-in-one eye concentrate lifts, firms, lightens, hydrates and repairs. (It's like they bottled sleep!)

Full size is $38 for 0.5oz. Sample is 0.13oz and worth approximately $9.88. I am always in the market for eye cream, especially one that will help with these ridiculous bags and puffiness!


La Fresh Travel Wipes - Nail Polish Remover
About to walk into an important meeting? Just realized your nail polish is peeling off? Good thing you have one of these awesome little nail polish remover wipes in your purse!

Full size is $3.99 for 6 wipes. Sample includes 2 wipes and is worth  $1.33. I LOVE Julep's One Step Polish Remover Pads so if these are anything like Julep's version, I'm sold. They're also cheaper than Julep ($0.67 each vs. $0.99 each).


Brazen Cosmetics - Eye Shadow in "Buzzed"
With long-wearing, trendy, custom-blended shades made from beneficial ingredients these eye shadows really do, "Kick butt and take names!".

Full size is $7.49 for 0.18oz - we received a full size! This is a really dark brown colour with gold shimmer. (It looks pinkish through the top but that's because of the pink lipstick Brazen logo). Browns work for me so I may try this one out. I don't usually wear eye shadow though.


The Verdict

I am happy with the March Beauty Box 5. I will use everything in the box, except maybe the eye shadow, but I will be sure to give it a try. The March box contained 5 different samples and has an approximate value of $21.50. Once again it's an incredible value for a box that cost me less than $10! (Sign up for 1 year and your box will only be $8.33 a month!)


Do you subscribe to Beauty Box 5? What do you think of it? If you haven't signed up yet, click on my referral link and try it out!

*This post contains referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment